msconfig for win2k pro

snow white 23:01 26 Feb 03

can someone please tell me where i can down a programe like msconfig for win2k pro please thanks

MAJ 23:11 26 Feb 03

You can use msconfig from Win 98 in Win 2000. Download it from here click here and put it into the Windows 2000 c:\winnt\system32 folder. Ignore the error messages about config.sys, autoexec.bat, etc.

Taran 00:33 27 Feb 03

Mike Lin's Startup Control Panel, available from click here is the best free utility I've found for this.

It works on every version of Windows, it's a tiny download and so far, I've never had a single glitch on more systems than I care to remember installing it on.

regards

Taran

temp003 03:45 27 Feb 03

I also use Mike Lin's Control Panel for my w2k pro and find it very good (very small in size and works very well). It gives you a little more flexibility than the startup folder in msconfig.

But if want some other functions of msconfig, use the XP version which works fine on Windows 2000, which also gives you the Services tab and Boot.ini tab. I use both msconfig from XP and Mike Lin's utility.

click here to download msconfig for Windows 2000 (which is the XP version).

To use it, you can just double-click the file msconfig.exe (wherever it is). If you want to use it from the Run command, put the file in C:\WINNT\system32 folder, as suggested by MAJ. It will also work if you put it in C:\WINNT\system folder.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now