msconfig in win 2000

rsturbo 01:27 27 Aug 03

i know its not in win 2000 but what do i type or use to control what programs are in startup (systray) etc and is there a utility for this? but need answer to 1st question for now, thanks for any help offered

temp003 02:52 27 Aug 03

You can download Mike Lin's Startup Control Panel which is very small and efficient, and works slightly better than msconfig's startup folder.

click here

temp003 02:56 27 Aug 03

You can also use XP's msconfig on Windows 2000 (it works fine), which also gives you other tabs, such as the boot.ini file.

click here

You can double click the msconfig.exe file to activate it, or put the file in the C:\WINNT\system32 folder.

I use both Mike Lin's startup control panel (for startup processes) and msconfig (for other purposes) on my w2k OS.

rsturbo 23:40 27 Aug 03

sil_ver 23:57 27 Aug 03

If you go to Start/run and type, services.msc then click OK it will bring up all your services etc which you can then edit.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…