Msconfig & Start Up on XP Home Edition

The Shadow 17:45 02 Mar 04

Does anyone out there know how I can get XP home to start up faster. I have tried msconfig but it doesn't like you doing that. Since I loaded XP onto my PC it seems to take forever to load. Any suggestions folks?

bananaslik 17:54 02 Mar 04

i dont know if this will help but in your bios do you have your hdd set as first boot device,iv'e just set mine like that & it's a bit faster.plus i have kept start-up in msconfig down to what i think is minimum

bananaslik 17:54 02 Mar 04

i dont know if this will help but in your bios do you have your hdd set as first boot device,iv'e just set mine like that & it's a bit faster.plus i have kept start-up in msconfig down to what i think is minimum

JIM 18:03 02 Mar 04

If your system is not got any bugs etc.and your slowness is down to running programs or amount off.

Empty the Windows Prefetch folder.Over time, the prefetch folder may become overloaded with references to files and applications no longer in use. When that happens, Windows XP is wasting time, and slowing system performance, by pre-loading them. Nothing critical is in this folder, and the entire contents are safe to delete.

Dont do every day or so as you can have problems.

JIM 18:03 02 Mar 04

If your system is not got any bugs etc.and your slowness is down to running programs or amount off.

Empty the Windows Prefetch folder.Over time, the prefetch folder may become overloaded with references to files and applications no longer in use. When that happens, Windows XP is wasting time, and slowing system performance, by pre-loading them. Nothing critical is in this folder, and the entire contents are safe to delete.

Dont do every day or so as you can have problems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…