msconfig start up tab

Newuser3477 30 Aug 11

I have been attempting to change the programmes starting up when opening my pc. Having unticked some items and applied change I get the message"Access denied was returned while attempting to change a service You may need to log in as an administrator to make specific changes. I am the administrator and I have signed in as administrator but still get error message. What can I do to effect the changes i want to make on start up thanks

buteman 30 Aug 11

Not sure but if using W/7 type msconfig into start box and when it appears right click it and click run as administrator.

Not sure if that will help or not.

onthelimit1 30 Aug 11

You may find it easier to turn these programmes off using Tools Startup in CCleaner. If this is not a prog you already have, it's a free download.

Newuser3477 06 Sep 11

Thanks for replies. I am running XP so I don't see "run administrator anywhere. have installed and run CCleaner but can't find any reference to Tools Start up just a tab for applications. Any help on this please

onthelimit1 06 Sep 11

Blue toolbox down the LHS between Options and Registry. Click that then Startup.

Newuser3477 06 Sep 11

Thanks Found it when I closed analysis

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

See 24 hours in London with Paul Richardson's hyperlapse tour

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message