msconfig start up tab

Newuser3477 11:20 AM 30 Aug 11

I have been attempting to change the programmes starting up when opening my pc. Having unticked some items and applied change I get the message"Access denied was returned while attempting to change a service You may need to log in as an administrator to make specific changes. I am the administrator and I have signed in as administrator but still get error message. What can I do to effect the changes i want to make on start up thanks

birdface 11:49 AM 30 Aug 11

Not sure but if using W/7 type msconfig into start box and when it appears right click it and click run as administrator.

Not sure if that will help or not.

onthelimit1 11:50 AM 30 Aug 11

You may find it easier to turn these programmes off using Tools Startup in CCleaner. If this is not a prog you already have, it's a free download.

Newuser3477 11:30 AM 06 Sep 11

Thanks for replies. I am running XP so I don't see "run administrator anywhere. have installed and run CCleaner but can't find any reference to Tools Start up just a tab for applications. Any help on this please

onthelimit1 11:42 AM 06 Sep 11

Blue toolbox down the LHS between Options and Registry. Click that then Startup.

Newuser3477 13:37 PM 06 Sep 11

Thanks Found it when I closed analysis

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus launch live: What to expect from Apple's 9 September 2015…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This installation lets you control a laser and sound show using your mind

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites