Msconfig Help please

geoff47 01:32 28 Jan 05

Reading another thread it gives a link that says only the following are absolutely needed on start up.
ScanRegistry
Taskmonitor
Systemtray
LoadpowerProfile
Antivirous
On running "Startup Inspector for windows" I have a warning that both Systrayexe. and Rundll32ExePowerprof.dllLoadPwrScheme "This file does not exist"

Can Startup Inspector be correct? or have I got something wrong?
Geoff47

griffon 56 02:26 28 Jan 05

Hi Geoff47,

You are right about the minimum progs to load at Start Up and if the system tray is working then 'systray.exe' must have been executed. I've read that a rule of thumb method of determining the minimum is to activate all the progs in the 'Start Up' tab and sequentially switch them off until something doesn't work. It's worth a try. You don't say what OS you are using, but my Win98SE system starts with Scan Reg/Systray/StillImageMonitor/Antivir/Firewall/LoadPowerProfile and run=hpfsched. But I can see your problem if LoadPowerProfile is said not to exist, though I think that the trial and error method might decide whether you need it or not.

rawprawn 08:39 28 Jan 05

click here Start up inspector is worth having a look at, It lists all you applications.

rawprawn 08:41 28 Jan 05

click here
for alist of what they all are.

Dennis1 08:42 28 Jan 05

I didn't think "systray" showed up in xp, Maybe I'm wrong.

rawprawn 08:48 28 Jan 05

Sorry didn't see Startup Inspector, did you know there is a new version 2.11

geoff47 01:45 29 Jan 05

Thanks rawprawn....
I am still confused as to why systray ex. doesn't exist in Startup Inspector when its purpose is to run the clock etc in sytem tray which I have and they are ok as far as I can tell.
Oh well the mysteries of computors....
Thanks all
Geoff47

rawprawn 07:54 29 Jan 05

Well it doesn't run in mine either, I think systray.exe is part of the bios and kicks in before msconfig to allow the system tray to be ready to take whatever is listed in msconfig, but I don't honestly know the answer.

Stuartli 09:07 29 Jan 05

IIRC from Windows 98 and 98SE days, LoadPowerProfile should be listed twice in startup in misconfig.

rawprawn 09:43 29 Jan 05

Not in my XP.

Stuartli 09:57 29 Jan 05

I wasn't referring to XP but 98 and 98SE - for some reason I was assuming/have assumed that this is the OS being discussed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…