msconfig and bios problems

vic 66 13:53 30 Jul 07

Hi,Two problems.
First: I am trying to stop msn msgr from running on start up. Went to msconfig unticked:
msn c:\programs\MSNM\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run I then rebooted.On start up same problem.Back to msconfig, some thing new running:MSNMSGR:HKLM\software\microsoft\curentversion I also unticked but it keeps coming back!
Second:I installed a liteon cd-dvd writer since then i have to start my pc two times for it to start. amibios screen appears states following:failure to boot must reconfigure setup I just hit f10 key to exit.
please help.
thank in advance.

Kate B 15:57 30 Jul 07

Just uninstall MSN - much easier than faffing about in msconfig.

sinbads 16:27 30 Jul 07

open messenger tools/options/general untick start messenger when log on to windows also untick messenger when logging onto internet.

to access options click on small box at the top one with an scroll down arrow

vic 66 21:58 30 Jul 07

Thank sinbads for your response, worked great!

Now if somebody could help me with second problem
(bios)System failed to boot several times before you must enter setup to reconfigure.
PLEASE HELP. its getting hard to start this thing.
thank you

I am Spartacus 10:25 31 Jul 07

Make sure the disk/DVD cables are connected securely. There may be an intermittent connection causing your problem.

vic 66 10:34 31 Jul 07

Thank Spartacus for your reply!
every thing is fine now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…