"MSCONFIG"

denali 23:01 03 Jan 03
  denali 23:01 03 Jan 03

Sorry folks, I am completley new to this. I have just posted a question but did not open a new thread. Hope somebody finds it!

VoG™ 23:02 03 Jan 03

Where did you post it and what's the question?

Falkyrn 23:06 03 Jan 03

MSCONFIG
By the question you will all realize I am a complete novice. Whilst running some Norton programmes I get the message "restarting due to disk write". I have been told to go into msconfig and remove some programmes from the "start up". The problem I have is that there are ticks in every box and I would really like to know which to remove and which to leave alone. Thank you all in anticipation

rev.bem 23:09 03 Jan 03

have a look here

click here

check all your running programmes against this list and decide accordingly

VoG™ 23:09 03 Jan 03

Press CTRL-ALT-DEL together (like Mr Spock) - a box will come up. Tell us what programs and processes are running.

denali 23:32 03 Jan 03

Thanks a lot rev.bem. I followed your instructions. It took me one minute to resolve the problem

rev.bem 23:38 03 Jan 03

aw shucks!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…