Msconfig

exdragon 08:22 04 Jun 10

Hi I'm sure I've got too many things in the msconfig startup, but I when check in sysinfo, I tend to leave anything which it advises removal of at the user's discretion (ie, I probably don't know what it does!)

Cound anyone tell me what I definitelty don't need from this list, please?

NvCpl
nwiz
Nerocheck
schedhlp
FileAgent (I use FileCentre instead of Explorer)
ALCMTR
TBPanel
NvMcTray
pptd40nt
IndexSearch
realsched
CS4ServiceManager
KHALMNPR
avp
QTTask
iTunesHelper
CTDetect
ctfmon
E_S47 (this reappears from time to time)
Epson Status Monitor
Logitech SetPoint

I'm using XP Home with SP2.

Thanks

dagbladet 08:30 04 Jun 10

Somewhere in there is your anti-virus. Though I can't readily see it. If you can identify it leave that on, otherwise I'd turn everything else off.

exdragon 08:40 04 Jun 10

I'm using Kaspersky, so it's avp. There were some which sysinfo said were needed, but I can't remember which ones they were. I'm looking at this again as a result of the thread asking how long it took for the computer to boot up.

rawprawn 10:06 04 Jun 10

Hi, here is a data base with start ups on together with an indication of whether you need it or not.
I hope this helps
click here

woodchip 10:09 04 Jun 10

Best way is, start google and check each item what it does then you will be more informed on if it should run. The things like NERO check should be turned off its not needed

exdragon 15:09 04 Jun 10

Thanks, rawprawn, I'll have a look.

woodchip - I checked lots of the items in sysinfo, but wasn't sure about the 'user decide' ones. Believe it ir not, I've already disabled loads.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5