msconfig

cuscus 14:36 23 Dec 06

Some programs start automatically when I turn on my computer and I would like to stop them. I went into MSCONFIG, STARTUP and unchecked those programs and clicked on APPLY. When I started my computer the next time, it tells me that I do not have my computer set on NORMAL Startup so I click on NORMAL and those programs re-start again. What am I suppose to do, leave it on SELECTIVE STARTUP and will I get this message everytime I start my computer? I would appreciate any help. Thank you.

VoG II 14:38 23 Dec 06

See click here - be sure to watch the bit at the end.

GEEKSTA 14:39 23 Dec 06

select what you dont want and then when you restart it will give you a message, tick the option it gives you.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:39 23 Dec 06

leave on the selective startup and tick the box "do not show this message.. "

Jackcoms 15:11 23 Dec 06

Think about it.

A 'normal' start up is when nothing has been changed and you allow everything to run in the background, as per normal.

A 'selective' start up is just that - you are being selective in what you want to start or not.

Try it again and when asked if you want a selective start up, click OK.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…