dawnyworld 21:39 11 Aug 03

cud someone please tell me what this file is

dawnyworld 21:48 11 Aug 03

please please

i think this is the file causing my pc to shut down with the rpc error

it keeps trying to conect and i deleted it but after reboot it was still there

JoeC 21:55 11 Aug 03

on Google but the only reference to msblast ( anything ) is a member of a photographic site. For what it is worth, I run XP Home and it is not on my system. Sorry I cannot help further.

callingman 22:04 11 Aug 03

I think I may have this problem, could it be a virus? A friend has just rung me with the same problem. Both systems have been ok up until today.

bof:) 22:14 11 Aug 03

Hi All,

No luck with ask/google/altavista.

Have you tried running Ad aware and spybot search and destroy?

I also tried microsoft for rpc error but it only refered to the technical pages.

fred 22:14 11 Aug 03

I have the same prog trying to get on the net. Norton, however, as well as AVG and Housecall, report the machine clear.

Norton and AVG up to date.

I permitted the link to the net and rpc error was not seen again.

JoeC 22:19 11 Aug 03
  muppetmark 22:24 11 Aug 03

I found click here have you used Webshots desktop wallpapers ,

chuds 22:26 11 Aug 03
  dawnyworld 22:31 11 Aug 03

thanks joec an all others i have deleted this file it was in the win\sys32 folder could only delete it by goint to another install of xp an locating the file through that one

i have 2 other installs of xp but it not in there file system i do not have a photo proggy thing

however i do think its part of the problem
coz it says it was created today and my firewall keeps picking up on it hope it helps someone else will keep checking back

thx for the help dw

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…