MSA64CHK.DLL -Removal from start up menu

BOBFIX 10:54 21 Jun 05

I have followed all the advice on removing the "mostrar dialer from my pc but I can't seem to get rid of it from my msconfig start up menu. )I have disabled it) The files are gone from the HKEY_local_machine locations and from the syseten32 folder. What am step I missing here?

BB

VoG II 13:01 21 Jun 05
  SurfMonkey _#:@}™ 13:31 21 Jun 05

try this
Open the Registry Editor by selecting Start/Run and at the Command Line enter REGEDIT and click OK.
For MSCONFIG Startup ACTIVE Items Navigate to:
HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run (AND) HKEY_Current_User\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
For MSCONFIG Startup Inactive Items Navigate to:
HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run- (AND) HKEY_Current_User\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run-
By highlighting either the Run (for active startup items) or, Run- (for unchecked/inactive startup items) in the left pane, the entries in that subkey will be listed in the right pane. To remove an entry, right-click on the entry in the right-pane, select delete and OK the deletion. Reboot and the entry will be gone.
Note: It is not recommended to remove any active item from the Startup Group. Occasionally, an uninstalled program will leave entries in MSCONFIG and these instructions are intended to allow for the safe removal of these non-functional entries.

BOBFIX 21:54 21 Jun 05

Thanks for that, I have been through all this and the file does not exist in any of those locations! But it still there in msconfig startup. I could not locate the "run-" folder. Where is this?

BB

VoG II 21:56 21 Jun 05

Does it appear in msconfig?

BOBFIX 10:26 22 Jun 05

Yep it is the start up page of msconfig system utility and this is obviously looking for the file in the location HKEY_Current_User\ Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run but the file in not there. My question is how do I get rid of the line in the msconfig system utility to stop my pc looking for the file and taking ages to log on? I have disabled it by unchecking the box in the start up page but would like to get it out of there.

BB

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Xiaomi Mi5s review: The Xiaomi flagship that could replace your Samsung, LG, HTC or Apple phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Mental Canvas is a brand new drawing app that's quite unlike any other

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's super-expensive new…