M/s Works 8

Ankermi31 19:16 07 Nov 06

Operating WXP SP2

A little confused, my computer identifies that Works 6 (SIX) is loaded. When rummaging there is some reference to Works 8(EIGHT) I have a Works 8 CD still sealed in its envelope that was provided when computer purchased Nov.2004.

Also on the system is Word 2000 SR-1 which is no longer supported by MS.

Question: If I install the CD Works 8 will this update Word to a later version and if so do I need to uninstal Works 6 and Word 2000 before installation?

Please reply non-technically! OAP lady this end!!

The Belarussian Mafia 19:40 07 Nov 06

Did Word 2000 perhaps come as part of Works 6? In any case it sounds like the Works 8 CD is not an upgrade CD, so you'd better uninstall the old stuff. Just one word of warning: I think Works 8 comes with Works wordprocessor, which doesn't have all the features of Word. To get Word itself you need Works Suite. (I only discovered this after paying extra for Works 8 with a new PC & I was pretty annoyed. Mind you Works wordprocessor has all the essentials.)

If you really need a top-notch package including a top wordprocessor, just download OpenOfice click here - its free and its as good as Microsoft. Just remeber to change the default wordprocessor format to Word XP (rather than the OpenOffice format) if you want to open your docs on other computers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009