M/S Word2007 templates - changing opening page

sheila.weston 20:15 03 Mar 08

I have recently installed m/s Word 2007. I have created a template which has my address etc at the top. When the program opens it still opens with a blank page and I have to go through several clicks to reach the 'address' template.

I would like the address template to open along with the program. Is this possible?

The help files and video training sessions are excellent, but don't seem to help with this.

Many thanks.

csqwared 20:23 03 Mar 08

Do a search for a normal.dot template and note where it is. Create your word document as you would like it and save it to the same place as the normal.dot template. Delete the normal.dot template and rename the saved one as normal.dot, close everything down and start Word.

cc

VoG II 20:24 03 Mar 08

You would need to save the template as normal.dot - do a search for normal.dot with searching for hidden files and folders. Then overwrite it with your template renamed as normal.dot.

csqwared 20:24 03 Mar 08

I might add that if this is not what you want, delete the normal.dot template and restart Word, it will automatically create a new default normal.dot

cc

csqwared 20:26 03 Mar 08

Gosh!! Beaten VoG™ to it - that's a first for me. :-))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…