MS Word for Windows XP Pro?

Markito 17:30 PM 24 Dec 11

Firstly, a Merry Christmas to all who celebrate it!

I have now lost patience with the Ability Office 4 suite supplied with my laptop, and am intending to go back to MS Office, specifically Word, which is the only part I think I'll ever use.

I'm running Windows XP Pro SP3 and I don't want any compatibility issues. Obviously I also need to be able to open and work with files created with my Ability Write and saved as word docs.

Does anyone have any ideas as to the appropriate -and hopefully cheap - version best suited for me?

Many thanks and best wishes.

chub_tor 18:49 PM 24 Dec 11

I used Office97 for many years with XP. You can download it free from here

Taff™ 19:04 PM 24 Dec 11

LibreOffice (Formerly OpenOffice)will work fine and give you the compatibility with MS Office 2007/10 formats. Libre Office Download

catpwss 09:20 AM 25 Dec 11

go for open office as 'Taff' suggested its easy and not so heave as microsoft office etc. merry xmas.c.

Markito 15:35 PM 25 Dec 11

Thanks to all three of you.

After some consideration, I opted for LibreOffice which seems to work fine in the short time I have spent on it.

All the best.

Mark

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…