ms word toolbars

TAMPICO 18:16 26 Nov 03

Anyone out there know how to get my MS WORD 2000 toolbars back. Don't know what happened but when I opened up WORD all my toolbars had disappeared. I've checked for viruses, none found. Tried uninstalling office & re-installed to no avail. All other MS OFFICE applications are OK.
Please help..

Diodorus Siculus 18:21 26 Nov 03

Is the one that says File, edit etc there? If so, right click on a blank area and choose the toolbars that you want from there.

TAMPICO 19:50 26 Nov 03

No FILE, EDIT toolbar is also missing

K.H 20:29 26 Nov 03

Try right - clicking where the toobars should be, and go to customize. they should be there.

Diodorus Siculus 20:41 26 Nov 03

click here for a possibility...

Here's a few things you can try:

Sometimes, you've accidentally set your screen to "Full Screen" and this view does not show your toolbars, so the first thing to do is hit your Escape key on your keyboard and if you are in Full Screen mode, this will return you to normal mode and your toolbars will be back.

If this doesn't do it, go to your View menu and select Toolbars. This will show your list of Toolbars. Make sure both Standard and Formatting are checked.

If any toolbar is showing as checked on the toolbar list but still not appearing on your screen, you can go to your Tools menu and click on Customize. In there, click on the Toolbars tab and select the toolbar that is missing in the list and hit the Reset button to see if it comes back.

However, if it's your Menu Bar that is missing (the one that shows File, Edit, View, etc.), you obviously can't go to any menu to fix it ... or If none of the above suggestions bring your missing toolbars back ... then your Data folder in your Windows Registry is probably corrupt and you will have to follow these directions to replace it with a new one:

This is very safe if you do it EXACTLY as I say:

First, make sure Word is closed.

Go to your Start button and click on Run. In the Run box, type regedit.

When the registry editor comes up, in the pane on the left, click on the plus signs beside the keys to navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ Software\ Microsoft\ Office\ 9.0\ Word. (Note: the 9.0 refers to Word 2000, if you use Word 97, you will see 8.0, Word 2002 is 10.0, and Word 2003 is 11.0)

Inside the Word folder, you will see a folder called "Data". Click on the Data folder once to highlight it, then go to the Registry menu and choose Export Registry File.

A box will come up that looks like the Save As box. Choose to save it to your desktop so you can find it if you need to. Then name it something like WordData or something and export it to your desktop.

Then right click on the Data folder inside the registry editor again and choose Delete.

Then close the registry editor and open Word again and see if your toolbars are back.

If they are, then it worked and you can delete the reg file you put on your desktop. If the problem isn't fixed, then you can just close Word and double click on this reg file and it will put your registry right back to the way it was before you deleted the Data folder.

Oh...and if it works, be SURE to delete that registry key on your desktop cuz if you accidentally double click it in the future, Word's toolbars will be messed up again.

K.H 20:43 26 Nov 03

nice.....

TAMPICO 12:55 28 Nov 03

Thanks Diodorus Siculus, that did the trick

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…