MS Word problem printing address labels

freyabo 20:10 13 Mar 08

I use MS Word for printing address labels, and I want to print 2 labels at a time with the same address details on them. However, the only options available are to print a whole sheet, or one label at a time.
Its so tedious to have to put the sheet thru the printer twice to get two labels.

Is there some hidden menu option or preferences I can set to do this? I've searched the help files, etc. without success.

If not,does anyone know of any other software, preferably shareware, that will enable me to carry out this simple task?

TIA
Anne

Fermat's Theorem 20:20 13 Mar 08

Ann. Word will do it for you. When you go to "labels" there is a button at the end of the dialogue box marked "New Document". Click it, and you will be given a label-template into which you can type/copy the address(s) you wish.

Lots of people miss this option. Hope it helps :-)

Fermat's Theorem 20:21 13 Mar 08

Sorry about mis-typing your name, Anne, and of courses it should be address(es) :-)

€dstowe 20:30 13 Mar 08
  freyabo 20:36 13 Mar 08

Wow! What a quick reply - and a solution! I feel silly now, I've looked at that 'New Document' label, but never investigated it - doh!

Thanks so much, Fermat's Theorem

I sell 'bits and pieces' on Ebay, so use labels a lot. This problem has been driving me nuts for months

:)
Anne

Flying Teddy 20:42 13 Mar 08

And there's more! Having got the label template up as a word document, you can then give it your own name (e.g. label_7163.doc) and save it wherever you like. Then you can just open it up again later as a normal document and fill in whatever you want, then print; no need to use the Word label function again at all. How cool is that? Woo Hoo!

freyabo 20:52 13 Mar 08

Thanks for the link, €dstowe. I've d/l the software and will check it out.

What an excellent, helpful forum this is :)

I've just printed out some labels following Fermat's Theorem,s instructions - yippee!

I cannot tell you how much this has been bugging me

Cheers guys

Anne

freyabo 20:56 13 Mar 08

Flying Teddy

I've just done that now - SUPERCOOL!

Thank you! :D

Anne

Fermat's Theorem 20:57 13 Mar 08

Delighted to have been of help.

Don't forget to tick "resolved" :-)

freyabo 21:05 13 Mar 08

Heehee, I've put a short cut to the new label doc. in my Start menu now. Thats one layer of tedium removed from my Ebaying ;)

Its the little things in life which make it so sweet

Anne

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…