MS Word - Office 2003 STYLE TRACKING problem

Novis 12:26 07 Sep 05

Word tracks every format change in the Style window, not just those that I preset. When I want to refer back to a specific style, however, I have to sort through meaningless changes o find the relevant one.

How can I stop this happening? I only want it to display the styles I've set manually.

recap 12:47 07 Sep 05

Create a new list style
Show All
Hide All
In addition to the built-in list styles (style: A combination of formatting characteristics, such as font, font size, and indentation, that you name and store as a set. When you apply a style, all of the formatting instructions in that style are applied at one time.) that come with Microsoft Word, you can create your own list style to apply similar alignment, number or bullet characters, and fonts to lists.

If the Styles and Formatting task pane (task pane: A window within an Office application that provides commonly used commands. Its location and small size allow you to use these commands while still working on your files.) is not open, click Styles and Formatting on the Formatting toolbar (toolbar: A bar with buttons and options that you use to carry out commands. To display a toolbar, click Customize on the Tools menu, and then click the Toolbars tab.).
In the Styles and Formatting task pane, click New Style.
In the Name box, type a name for the style.
In the Style type box, click List.
Select the options that you want, or click Format to see more options.
Notes

To use the new style in new documents based on the same template (template: A file or files that contain the structure and tools for shaping such elements as the style and page layout of finished files. For example, Word templates can shape a single document, and FrontPage templates can shape an entire Web site.), select the Add to template check box. Word adds the new style to the template that is attached to the active document.
You can reuse a new list style by selecting it in from the Styles and Formatting task pane or from the List Styles tab in the Bullets and Numbering dialog box (click Bullets and Numbering on the Format menu).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…