MS Word Margins

®ubz - ©lone 18:25 10 Feb 05

i know have an original copy of ms word and the margins are still messed up. i have tried the norma.dot removal procedure but no luck...any help.....

Taff36 18:37 10 Feb 05

What do you mean by "messed up"? Version of Word would help too!

In Word 2002: To set margins go to File>Page Setup>Margins Tab and type in the margins you require. Click the default button which will change the normal.dot

®ubz - ©lone 22:56 10 Feb 05

MS Word 2002

click here
to view a picture of what i mean - the pic is of word 2003 but same problem occurs...

THE TERMINATOR 23:59 10 Feb 05

Click on view menu, and click on Normal....TT

Taff36 06:42 11 Feb 05

Terminator is right - You are in Print Layout view. Use the view menu to change the way it looks on screen and the zoom button (Currently on 100%) to alter the appearance. Tour margins look fine in the ruler bar which is just above the "paper" but see my first post to change them.

Now go to Tools>Options>View Tab and uncheck the box that says "Text Boundaries" under Print and Web Layout options - this will remove the left & right "right angle marks on your screen shot. At the end of the day these are only VIEW options - and is personal choice. To see what your document looks like when printed go to File>Print Preview or click on the icon that looks like a page of paper with a magnifying glass.

BRYNIT 11:56 11 Feb 05

If you prefer print layout as per your picture and wish to see the width of the page go to the 100% on tool bar and change to page width.

If you are mising the ruller on the left side go to tools/options/view and put a tick in vertical rule.

In file page setup/margins adjust margin to required size and click on default, this will save all settings.

®ubz - ©lone 17:40 11 Feb 05

my settings are all correct but it has not solved the problem... maby there is a problem with the ruler?....

®ubz - ©lone 17:41 11 Feb 05

Djohn
VoG™
JIM surely you guyz know what im on about...

mattyc_92 18:56 11 Feb 05

Did you uninstall the previous version before installing the legal one??? NOTE that you would probably have to "reboot" the system before re-installing office...

®ubz - ©lone 18:58 11 Feb 05

yes yes yes

mattyc_92 18:59 11 Feb 05

Ok.... have you done a search on the MS wesite for this problem??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…