MS Word Margins

®ubz - ©lone 18:25 10 Feb 05

i know have an original copy of ms word and the margins are still messed up. i have tried the norma.dot removal procedure but no luck...any help.....

Taff36 18:37 10 Feb 05

What do you mean by "messed up"? Version of Word would help too!

In Word 2002: To set margins go to File>Page Setup>Margins Tab and type in the margins you require. Click the default button which will change the normal.dot

®ubz - ©lone 22:56 10 Feb 05

MS Word 2002

click here
to view a picture of what i mean - the pic is of word 2003 but same problem occurs...

THE TERMINATOR 23:59 10 Feb 05

Click on view menu, and click on Normal....TT

Taff36 06:42 11 Feb 05

Terminator is right - You are in Print Layout view. Use the view menu to change the way it looks on screen and the zoom button (Currently on 100%) to alter the appearance. Tour margins look fine in the ruler bar which is just above the "paper" but see my first post to change them.

Now go to Tools>Options>View Tab and uncheck the box that says "Text Boundaries" under Print and Web Layout options - this will remove the left & right "right angle marks on your screen shot. At the end of the day these are only VIEW options - and is personal choice. To see what your document looks like when printed go to File>Print Preview or click on the icon that looks like a page of paper with a magnifying glass.

BRYNIT 11:56 11 Feb 05

If you prefer print layout as per your picture and wish to see the width of the page go to the 100% on tool bar and change to page width.

If you are mising the ruller on the left side go to tools/options/view and put a tick in vertical rule.

In file page setup/margins adjust margin to required size and click on default, this will save all settings.

®ubz - ©lone 17:40 11 Feb 05

my settings are all correct but it has not solved the problem... maby there is a problem with the ruler?....

®ubz - ©lone 17:41 11 Feb 05

Djohn
VoG™
JIM surely you guyz know what im on about...

mattyc_92 18:56 11 Feb 05

Did you uninstall the previous version before installing the legal one??? NOTE that you would probably have to "reboot" the system before re-installing office...

®ubz - ©lone 18:58 11 Feb 05

yes yes yes

mattyc_92 18:59 11 Feb 05

Ok.... have you done a search on the MS wesite for this problem??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now