MS Word and Internet Explorer

fitshase 12:31 21 Jul 03

For some reason when I open a MS Word document on the internet using IE6, it opens in a window of IE and not in MS Word.

My girlfriend's computer opens it in MS Word.

We are both running Win XP Pro and Office XP and IE6.

Does anyone know what I need to change and where?

Thanks in advance,

Fitshase

fitshase 13:02 22 Jul 03

^bump^

Anyone?

stupidhead 13:07 22 Jul 03

Just a thought, but if you go start, settings, control panel, Internet Options, look for the programs tab, and change your html editor to MS Word....

Does that help?

fitshase 13:26 22 Jul 03

Cheers for the suggestion but it doesn't work.

I have noticed, however, that once I have opened a Word document in IE6, when I load MS Word the web toolbar is showing. If I then hide the web toolbar, quit MS Word and then open another document in IE6, it does the same thing on re-loading MS Word.

It is getting quite frustrating!

Regards

Fitshase

stupidhead 15:51 22 Jul 03

And above me!...very strange...a last stab in the dark, but do you have all the updates?...

Maybe that is the difference between your PC and your Girlfriends?

fitshase 20:02 22 Jul 03

I have all of the updates and both computers should be the same - I set hers up in the same way I set this one up.

Strange.....

Regards

Fitshase

temp003 08:30 23 Jul 03

Actually yours is quite normal behaviour with internet links to Word documents. But you can change that.

In My Computer or Explorer, click Tools, Folder Options, select File Types tab. Scroll down to find the DOC extension. Highlight it, and click Advanced. Then untick the box "Browse in same window". Click OK. Exit Folder Options. See if it works.

fitshase 16:08 23 Jul 03

You are a star. Everything is working how I want it to.

Cheers for the solution.

Regards

Fitshase

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…