MS Word installation problem

tonyx1302 09:56 21 Dec 05

I have just installed... or thought I had... XP Home as I want to use MS Word. I thought I had installed everything ok but find that when opening the program it says 'Preparing to install' and after a short while it then tells me to insert the 'Works Suite Word cd ' which I do. After reloading, the prog runs ok till the next time when I have to go through the whole process again.
With the Work Suite 2005 ( OEM version ) I got a total of five cds to instal...MS Money, MS Autoroute/Encarta/ Works and MS Photo. I have only installed Word and Works as I don't need the rest at present.
Could someone please tell me what I have done wrong and how to correct it ?

Many thanks

Tony

rawprawn 10:11 21 Dec 05

I had a similar problem and the cure I found was to uninstall Works Suite, and then reinstall it in total. Check it is all working properly and then uninstall the bits you don't want.

Big Elf 10:13 21 Dec 05

When you install it you need to select the 'run all from my computer' option.

tonyx1302 10:32 21 Dec 05

I will do as you both suggest and will keep this post open while I try.

Tony

tonyx1302 20:16 21 Dec 05

Couldn't get back any sooner, but just wanted to say thanks for suggestions. I did a complete un/re-install rawprawn and it's up and running fine. Also used Big Elf's select option.

Thanks very much

Tony

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…