MS Word 'freezing' problem

de_de 20:11 13 Jan 06

I searched the archives for this one, and it turned up the same problem for someone else. It was never resolved for that person as I contacted them. So I'll try my luck this time...

Running Word 2002, Windows XP home edition, SP2 and I get the following problem.

Open up a document, but don't do anything with it. Try to close it down and the bottom blue task bar, and the top of the screen blue bar, both flash orange. Frozen!

Only way to close it is to right click the tab on the taskbar. Asks if you want to save changes (even though i've done nowt) - either yes or no and it will close.

By the way when you first open the file and you do actually edit it, it will be OK. It's only if you view it without touching it then try to close.

These files work perfectly OK in Wordpad so is it the Word program that is corrupt, rather than the files?

Tried the repair facility, tried re-installing Word, tried system restore.

I'm worried because I'm sending off Word documents (CV's) to companies, and worried they are freezing on their PC's!

Please, please help!

Anybody got any ideas?

john-232317 21:03 13 Jan 06

Possibley video drivers, maybe this will help. click here

de_de 18:17 14 Jan 06

Just for reference purposes I have found the answer to this problem. It is the Microsoft Office Plug-In within Norton antivirus 2003!

Apparently it's being a bit over zealous. Once the plug-in is unticked in Norton, everything works perfectly.

Here is the link with the details for anyone with this problem.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…