MS WORD APPLICATOIN CRASHES THE COMPUTER

The Scorpion 14:38 17 Mar 03

When I click on MS WORd icon the computer crashes wirh message that it has ran out of memory. When I click on other applications it the computer works fine. I tried all the tricks and utilities to free the memory. But no success. There is no problem booting the pc. The pc has 256RAM memory, and OS is Window Mellinium
Please HELP

VoG™ 14:52 17 Mar 03

When you say "crashes" do you mean that Word quits?

Especially with Word 2000, out of memory error messages are commonly associated with corruption of the default document template NORMAL.DOT

Try renaming this file to ABNORMAL.DOT and starting Word.

spikeychris 14:58 17 Mar 03

Run a search for normal.dot, right click on it and select rename. Pick notnormal.dot and restart Word.

chris

spikeychris 15:03 17 Mar 03

Sorry Mr VoG™, didn't see you slip in there...

Chris

VoG™ 17:22 17 Mar 03

Thank you for your rply

Please could you tell me how I can change the name of the Documen to ABNORMAL.DOC?

My PC actually freezes and I have to restart PC

=====================

Quit all instances of Word. If you use Word as your e-mail editor, be sure to quit Microsoft Outlook also.

Click Start, point to Search, and then click For Files or Folders.

In the Search for Files or Folder Named box, type Normal.dot.

In the Look in box, select your local hard disk (or an alternate user template location if you are running Word from a network server).

Click Search Now to search for the file.

For each occurrence of Normal.dot that appears in the Search Results window, right-click the file, and then click Rename on the menu that appears. Type a new name for the file, such as ABNormal.dot or Normal-1.dot, and then press ENTER.

Close the Search Results window. Restart Word.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…