MS Word 2003 - Margins

Pine Man 19:27 25 May 06

If I open a new blank document in Word, using the Print Layout view, the cursor is set at the very top of the page 3.17cm in from the left.This is the default left margin.

The top and bottom margins should be 2.54cm but as explained above the cursor is always at the very top of the page and typing can be carried out to the very bottom of the page, where there should also be a 2.54cm margin.

I have checked page setup and it indicates that the correct top and bottom margins are set but they are not shown on the screen.

If I actually type from the extreme top of the page to the extreme bottom of the page and then print it there are margins at the top and bottom of the page.

Why aren't the top and bottom margins showing on the screen in Print Layout view?

VoG II 19:31 25 May 06

Tools, Options, View tab, tick White space between pages.

Jackcoms 19:33 25 May 06

I use Word XP and mine is the exact OPPOSITE of what you say.

In 'Normal' view my cursor is at the very top and in 'Print Layout' view the cursor is at the default margin positions

Pine Man 19:41 25 May 06

VoG™

You are a star.

I have been playing around on and off all day trying to resolve this problem - and you did it in seconds.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…