ms word

crisgl1100 18:15 03 Mar 05

Can anyone help me? how can I scan a letterhead into word then type a letter under it, tobe able to print a complete letter with letterhead?I've scanned the letterhead in,but it won't let me add any text.

skeletal 18:27 03 Mar 05

I expect you placed a complete letter into your scanner and thus you have scanned the letter head at the top, but all the white paper underneath. Then, I think you may have added the scan as an IMAGE that fills up the whole of the page in Word. You are then trying to place text onto a white image, rather than Word itself.

I think I would take the scanned image and edit it in a picture editor (Paint Shop Pro perhaps) and get just the bit at the top. Now place this much smaller image in Word, and type underneath.

Note that Word is a pain when trying to place images, you may have to try various settings before you get it as you want.

Skeletal

FelixTCat 19:31 03 Mar 05

Do as Skeletal says, but put the scanned image in a header. That way it will always stay separate from the body of the text.

Jak_1 20:45 03 Mar 05

Save the scanned immage as a jpg, in Word insert pic from file and centre at top of page. Re-size to desired size and save as a template.

Hope this helps.

Jak

Nosmas 20:58 03 Mar 05

Do as skeletal suggests, but assuming you will want to use the letterhead you have created, for writing further letters you could save it as a Template. To make it even more useful you could incorporate the automatic inclusion of the date.

To do so place the Word cursor in a suitable position (by pressing the tab key until you reach that position), then click on the Insert menu and select 'Field…' In the Categories column select 'Date and Time' and in the Field Names select 'CreateDate' and that field name will appear in the box below. You will now need to format the manner in which you wish the date to appear, using what is known as a "Date-Time Picture". If you type a space after CREATEDATE then \@$"d$MMMM$yyyy" (including the quotes where shown but substituting a space for the $ signs) then clicking on the OK button your letter head should now appear as { CREATEDATE \@ "d MMMM yyyy" \* MERGEFORMAT }. Now click on the File menu and select 'Save As…' Enter a name for the template and in the dropdown select 'Document Template (*.dot)' and then click on the 'Save' button.

To open the template when you wish to use the letterhead, click on the File menu and select 'New'. This will display a window with various existing templates. Just select the template you have created and named, make sure the 'Document' radio button is selected and click on 'Ok' and Word will open a new document comprising your letterhead with today's date already inserted. The date format I have suggested will produce a date like 3 March 2005. If you want it to appear as 03 March 2005 the first 'd' in the formatting will need to be changed to 'dd'.

Hope this will be of some use to you.

quack 22:27 03 Mar 05

Why not just design a new letterhead in Word and save it as a template. Then it will be available any time you need it.

crisgl1100 22:56 10 Mar 05

Thanks sorted it now

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…