MS Updates as of today

Border View 11:09 13 Nov 08

I have just downloaded and installed the lates batch of 8 MS Updates. I am running with XP Home SP3. When I restarted the tool bar icons at bottom right hand side have reduced to only four. (Anti virus, Firewall, Acer e-power management and volume.

The little tv which tells me if I am connected wirelessly to the internet has disappeared. I am connected but wondered where the other icons (including the little left pointing arrow) as gone. OK I just connect to the internet by clicking on Opera, but to see what connections are available I have to go into Control Panel >network > show connections. Strange.

Anyone else noticed this?

ambra4 11:47 13 Nov 08

“The little TV which tells me if I am connected wirelessly to the internet has disappeared”

Setting – Network Connection – Right Click on the Wireless Network Connection

Click Properties – and check that “Show Icon in notification area when connected” is ticked

“Including the little left pointing arrow”

Right Click on the task bar – Properties – and select Hide Inactive Icon

provider 2 11:54 13 Nov 08

No change here, XP sp3, but five updates installed through Automatic Updates and "Click here to install. Do not switch off etc, etc ..."

Might be an idea to reset notification area icons:

click here;en-us;Q279771

provider 2 11:56 13 Nov 08

click here;en-us;Q279771

provider 2 11:59 13 Nov 08

Requested page is not available, apparently. The address is correct, however. I`ll try again later.

Border View 12:15 13 Nov 08

Many thanks ambra4 and provider for responding. Got the little tv back. Your help much appreciated.

ambra4 12:27 13 Nov 08

Always glad to help

Enjoy

provider 2 12:29 13 Nov 08

Welcome.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…