MS Updates (KB951847?) - large ?

johndrew 12:15 11 Feb 09

Was it my imagination or were this months updates very large?

I set the PC to update and went for my usual cup of tea whilst it was getting on with the job, and when I returned my connection window showed something in the order of 250MB of downloaded data. I didn`t notice any other information on size only the total which had been downloaded.

birdface 12:19 11 Feb 09

probably got the net Framework 3.5 in amongst the rest of the updates.

hiwatt 12:23 11 Feb 09

I only got this months malicious software removal tool and an update roll up for activeX kill bits.No need to reboot.

Taff™ 12:33 11 Feb 09

butemans got it - 248 Mb on it`s own.

anskyber 12:53 11 Feb 09

Yep and oddly it would only load for me (successfully) if once the install starts I then go the the notification shield and choose install. It then said it had failed but a couple of minutes later on the install window it began to install.

provider 2 13:05 11 Feb 09

"There is a bug with our progress bar that shows that it will sometimes freeze when installing 3.5. Rest assured that 3.5 has not stalled but does take a significant amount of time to install."

(Weston Hutchins MSTF quoted from click here )

Spark6 14:30 11 Feb 09

Same as hiwatt.

johndrew 16:16 11 Feb 09

Interesting. I guess it must have been NET Framework 3.5 (KB951847) that raised the size. At least I had no problems with the installation - well, that I saw - as some people seemed to have.

Nor does this site suffer the kind of language used in one of the posts in provider 2`s link - thankfully. I can understand the frustration of those who had problems with the update, but then look at SP3.

Thanks for responding everyone I hope this information helps others.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…