MS updates ?

Ikelos 10:15 28 Nov 05

hi, I am trying to download the MS updates, i tried yesterday and to-day, i go to the MS site, and click on the "check for updates" the status bar just keeps going and never gets anywhere. i have just left in on for half an hour, I have XP and sp1..any ideas.......thanks

MAJ 10:23 28 Nov 05

If you only have SP1 installed, then you have a lot of updates (including SP2) to get, Ikelos. Try leaving it longer in order to find which updates you need. Hope you're not on dialup.

Ikelos 10:48 28 Nov 05

thanks, ok I will leave it longer and see what happens, I really want the sp1 updates only, i will try again.....

sunny staines 12:33 28 Nov 05

ms update page is running very slow and the update page running slow for the last few days.
I tend to just leave it running and it gets there after a bit of a wait.

Ikelos 12:46 28 Nov 05

Thanks,left it on for an hour then got an error message, so disabled the firewall and going to try again, the error was 0X80072EFD.

dagwoood 14:30 28 Nov 05

Ikelos, I did a Google for your error message and came up with this click here

HTH, dagwoood.

Ikelos 14:38 28 Nov 05

thank you for finding that, I tried what it said, and it all worked.......nice one.

thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…