MS update site problems

ACOLYTE 12:25 25 Dec 05

Can't get to this site it says i need IE5 or later installed and i have IE6,but it wont let me enter the site.

CurlyWhirly 13:08 25 Dec 05

No problems with Internet Explorer version 6 or Firefox v1.5 with IE tab extension.

ACOLYTE 09:21 26 Dec 05

I dont have a problem with IE it works ok for other sites,i just get the message that i need to have IE5 or later installed when i try to accsess windows update site,i have done a repair of IE but i still cant get on the site.It still tells my i need IE5 or later and i have IE6.

Stuartli 09:25 26 Dec 05

From IE's Tools>Internet Options>Security tab, try adding the MS website to Allowed websites.

woodchip 10:55 26 Dec 05

Do a Repair of IE click here

If you do not have a XP disc try this, go to search type IE.inf right click the file and choose Install

ACOLYTE 11:46 26 Dec 05

I have already done a repair of IE and it still made no odd's,the site isnt bieng blocked by IE this is the page i get when i try to accsess the update site click here

woodchip 12:52 26 Dec 05

I get strait into Windows Update so your IE is corrupt or settings not right. Can you run restore to early date

ACOLYTE 15:01 26 Dec 05

I tried a system restore to as far back as i had and i still get the same thing when tried to open the Update site,cant seem to figure out why its not working.

Stuartli 15:04 26 Dec 05

The only thing I can suggest (if you haven't got the latest updates) is to go to:

click here

or install BigFix from:

click here

and Gather any updates that are available.

woodchip 15:07 26 Dec 05

Try this by clicking the MS link click here

woodchip 15:13 26 Dec 05

THis may be a Java Problem and it's got corrupted. Try also running SFC /SCANOW from Run with XP disc in comp

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…