Is MS Update server down?

Countrymanuk 20:57 24 Feb 03

Hi, just finished a repair of XP with a hope to combat the "infinate loop error" and am in desperate need of SP1 and other updates. Trouble is, im told to check back later as no updates are available. Would someone mind checking to see if the site is down? Got big probs if it isn't.

Thx!

JoeC 21:00 24 Feb 03

well, it was a minute ago ! : }

Countrymanuk 21:30 24 Feb 03

Thx, i'm not sure if you thought i meant the website, are you able to attempt an Windows update?

JoeC 22:02 24 Feb 03

did update at the time of my post. : }

Countrymanuk 22:10 24 Feb 03

I was hoping someone could confirm that Win Update is definately working properly. Earlier on i had well over 30Mb of critical patches to download.One of which happened to be a patch for the XP "The system has recovered from a serious error" message on re-boot. I was told by tech support that a repair of the system wipes the sevice pack so needs to be downloaded again. In add/remove prog, the sp1 is there, although no size of file is given. Should i download the file from the website instead?

Thanks

Countrymanuk 22:14 24 Feb 03

Sorry JoeC, thanks for checking. Hmmm, i got a situation i think.

Countrymanuk 22:49 24 Feb 03

I've just had an email from someone saying they had the same reponse as me. Strange it's working for some and not for others, but then i suppose there's no such thing as strange when it comes to pc's!! lol!

I'll check update later, just hope it doesn't catch something nasty meanwhile. :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…