MS update KB983583

JohnC123 08:37 15 Aug 10

This update keeps popping up on Automatic Updates although I have installed it already. On checking in Control Panel, I find that it has been installed three times already. Why does it keep on showing in the little yellow shield and how do I stop it ?

The Kestrel 09:58 15 Aug 10

I don't know if this will work, but worth a try. Next time the update appears appears, you could try uninstalling the three updates you have already and install the one that is available.

birdface 10:34 15 Aug 10

You could try installing it manually.

click here

If that does not work Run Windows update manually and when it shows double click it and a box should open underneath,
Just tick don't show update again.

johndrew 12:41 15 Aug 10

You may find this helpful click here. It provides two options and may well save a bit of difficulty.

However I have found, by trial and error, that going to Add/Remove and selecting each of the .NET Framework versions in turn and using the Change/Repair option any anomaly is recovered and other updates work properly. The additional benefit is that it reduces the number of downloads required.

The above should also work for updates.

JohnC123 20:16 15 Aug 10

Thanks to all who responded, I tried the solutions given but to no avail, I'll continue to explore Google and Microsoft "Fixit" for a solution. Tried going to MS updates but it won't allow me to do so - says I need to install Active X control by clicking on the information bar - unfortunately, the information bar has disappeared !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…