MS Server message at start up

wrg 18:04 05 Jul 08

Spybot has suddenly started asking whether to allow MS Server. At the moment I am not letting it load. When I deny it I then get boxes that stack up on the right of my screen saying I have denied it. Have had a look on google but cannot figure it out. Sybot states that the category is System Start up Global Entry & Change is value added. I have been on the net this pm but have only downloaded dvd shrink and have looked at other dvd shrink websites but not downloaded. Any ideas anyone?

wrg 18:09 05 Jul 08

Would just like to add this started before I downloaded dvd shrink

Ditch999 18:14 05 Jul 08

Whats your OS?
Are you on a home network?

wrg 18:18 05 Jul 08

Thanks for your response. Os is Vista & I am on a home network. I am currently running SuperAntiSpyware and it has found 14 Vundo-variant trojans and 4 Vundo-variant adware. They were not there this morning. None of the other computers on the network (wireless) are haveing this problem

Ditch999 18:21 05 Jul 08

I would run an anti virus and malware scan in Safe Mode if you have reports of Trojans.

Mac70 18:22 05 Jul 08

Where did you download dvdshrink from?

wrg 18:25 05 Jul 08

From a link given via a posting I made a few weeks ago on this forum. The link took me to softpedia and I downloaded it from "Securelink" (RO)

Ditch999 18:28 05 Jul 08

MS Server is enabled and runs by default in Vista. If S&D is asking for permission to allow it to run chances are its not what it says it is.
The real one is required for file and printer sharing and browsing your network. If you can do all those things then the MS Server S&D is asking about is malware.

wrg 18:31 05 Jul 08

As above I am running SuperAntiSpyware and I am now currently up to 70 items detected. Most of them are Vundo-variant items one stating Trojan.Net.MSV/VPS variant.

Ditch999 18:34 05 Jul 08

Still reckon you should run your scans in Safe Mode.
You could also run an online anti-virus scan. Kaspersky is very good click here

wrg 18:36 05 Jul 08

Am I likely to find more in safe mode? Will let this one finish and do as you suggest

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…