Ms Security Essentials - vs - AVAST & Spyware Terminator

Graphicool1 13 Aug 11
Answered

I've bought a new PC, it already has 'Microsoft Security Essentials' installed. But on prevous systems I've always run AVAST and Spyware Terminator. If I were to run them all together I would be asking for trouble. So my question is should I keep MSE or AVAST & ST?

Woolwell 13 Aug 11

I would add Malwarebytes to MSE. I don't know about Spyware terminator. Avast is pretty good.

john bunyan 13 Aug 11

1. Only install 1 Anti virus - I use Avira but many prefer Avast or MSE so I would keep MSE and see how it goes.
    1. Anti mal ware. I like the new free Superantispyware and also have Malawarebytes for scanning for malware etc. I also have Spywareblaster as a spyware defence.I find SAS finds adaware cookies not found by other programmes.

Graphicool1 13 Aug 11

I actually forgot to mention I also always used 'MalwareBytes AntiMalware' and 'Spyware Blaster'. So far it's would seem that 100% of replies favour MSE.

onthelimit1 13 Aug 11

I have similar - MSE, MBAM and Superantispyware. Had no more probs than those who pay loadsamoney for antivirus.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13 Aug 11

All good choices

Leave MSE on it backed up with SpywareBlaster as a blocker and Malwarebytes its a good combination.

Add common sense when browsing // clicking on links then you will be pretty safe.

Graphicool1 13 Aug 11
Answer

Cheers guys, I've uninstalled AVAST and terminted the terminator.

buteman 13 Aug 11

If it is the pay for version of Avast that you have I would use that and remove MSE.

rdave13 13 Aug 11

My personal choice would be to bin MSE and use free Avast, One off payment for SAS, run free MBAM - spywareblaster and Spybot S&D for blockers.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message