ms ram drive

LimestoneRock 14:45 06 Aug 04

I have been having problems with my home network and after changing the settings, when next starting the PC it refused to boot. After trying various solutions, inc scanreg /restore, scandisk etc without success I had to re-install windows(over the top) as I could only boot in Safe Mode and could not use SFC. The PC seems to be working OK now, booting up properly etc but I discover that I have a new drive - D:ms ram drive - which has nothing in it but is 2gb big. I did not create this so it must have been established in re-installing windows. Also, when I boot the PC, at the initial stage I get a screen message asking whether I wish to boot with CD support, without CD support or view the Help file. This message(which appears when re-installing Windows with boot disk) will not go away. Can anyone please explain the ms ram drive and how to get rid of this and the boot message.
Running Windows98SE, Athlon 2500XP, 512mb ram.

LimestoneRock 14:51 06 Aug 04

Sorry the ms ram drive is 2mb NOT 2gb.

TommyRed 17:11 06 Aug 04

bump

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:25 06 Aug 04

the ram drive was create to store all the Mstools on when you booted from startup floppy.

It sounds like you are still booting from floppy ahvee you removed it from the floppy drive?

LimestoneRock 11:13 07 Aug 04

Yes - floppy removed but I still get the questions asked whenever I boot which is annoying and delays boot up. How can I delete the ms ram drive as I want my CD and CD writer to revert to D: & E:? Any ideas please?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:53 07 Aug 04

May need to edit the autoexec.bat file then delete the 'd' drive in my computer

LimestoneRock 15:11 07 Aug 04

Thanks again Fruit Bat /\0/\.
Can you advise what I have to do to edit autoexec.bat. please. Incidentally, as things stand at present, I am unable to highlight and delete the "d" drive.

LimestoneRock 16:16 07 Aug 04

Sorted. Did it through Config.sys - unticked the three entries, re-booted without trouble and ms ram drive has disappeared. Thanks for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…