ms publisher and vista

thamesside 07:53 24 May 09

Does anyone know if there is a version of Publisher that works with Vista?
Doug

thamesside 08:05 24 May 09

Presumably Publisher 2007 does. I have publisher 98. Can I buy the upgrade or do I have to buy the full version. Will it read my old publisher files?
Doug

Pine Man 08:17 24 May 09

I am not aware of any MS Publishers that won't work with Vista. If you get a newer version than Publisher 98 it will be able to read the older files.

thamesside 10:23 24 May 09

Yes, when you try to save you get a message saying "Publisher cannot create a temporary working file" and the save fails. I have Googled this and it seems to be a common problem and I can't find a solution.
Doug

Pine Man 10:50 24 May 09

I'm not sure what you mean.

If you are having a problem with Publisher 98 and Vista have you tried using the compatability mode and running it as either Windows XP or even Windows 98?

thamesside 14:26 24 May 09

Pine Man
The compatability wizard does not solve the problem. I still cannot save my work. I do not have Windows XP on this computer.
Doug

Pine Man 14:37 24 May 09

'I do not have Windows XP on this computer.'

You misunderstand me.

Right click on the Publisher.exe file and open the compatability tab. You then have the option of running the program in any operating system mode that you like regardless of which one is actually loaded.

Pine Man 15:05 24 May 09

Open the Program Compatibility Wizard by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Programs, and then clicking Use an older program with this version of Windows. The follow the instructions in the wizard.

thamesside 16:12 24 May 09

Pine Man
Thanks. As I said the Program Compatibility Wizard does not solve the problem.
If I right click on the program I am not offered the option to run the program in another operating system mode as far as I can see.
I am using Vista Home Basic.
Doug

thamesside 17:07 24 May 09

OK
Had another go with the compatability thingy and it looks as though I've done it.
Doug

Pine Man 17:20 24 May 09

Good news - I hope!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…