MS Publisher sometimes saying 'read only'

Webmaster 19:14 01 Aug 03

Just in a session working with Microsoft Publisher documents and sometimes it says that the document I'm trying to save is 'read only' when it clearly isn't after checking all properties of the file.

Have any other people come across this bug in Publisher? It can be annoying because you have to copy the work you have recently done (by clicking and then dragging over it), and then re-open the document and paste what you've copied back in it, then attempt to save it again with it bizarrely working the second time! Hmmm.... another strange bug in Microsoft software one presumes. :-/

Ironman556 20:12 01 Aug 03

I've had this a couple of times, but have usually ignored it as I rarely use Publisher.

Why not go Save As and save the file as somthing different (eg. filename1.pub)? Then you can just delete the file you don't want.

Lú-tzé 20:25 01 Aug 03

Sometimes that read only message appears if you have two copies of the same document open - sometimes, but not always.

Webmaster 02:57 02 Aug 03

Each time the problem occurred with whatever file it happened to be that time, it was only the one copy open. Ironman, thought about doing what you said at the time the problem occured but thought that it was too much of a hassle. Thus I posted this to find out if other people have had this problem. Nice to see I'm not the only one. :-)

Anybody else heard of this problem?

wee eddie 21:30 02 Aug 03

on some files that I had reloaded from a Zip Disk

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…