MS Publisher .PUB files

kidder-mister 18:07 10 Nov 03

I recently upgraded to XP from Win98. I had copied all my graphic and Publisher files to CD. Unfortunately I didn't realise that XP doesn't have Publisher on board. Is there any way other than reloading Win98 to read .PUB files? I have looked MS site but cannot find any help there. I have a similar problem with MS Photodraw .MIX files. Any ideas? I do have my old hard disk with Win98 and Publisher on it,. Is there a way to refit this to run alongside the new disk with XP aboard? Cheers

MAJ 18:11 10 Nov 03

Win 98 wont enable you to read .pub files, kidder-mister, you need Publisher to do that, you must have had Publisher installed in 98. Don't you still have the CD for it, it could be part of your MS Office suite.

MAJ 18:18 10 Nov 03

You might find this click here useful, kidder-mister.

kidder-mister 20:12 10 Nov 03

Hi Maj, thanks for the info and the link. Why couldn't I find that? However I still have a problem inasmuch that I no longer have the Publisher 2000 disk. I only have the files produced by Publisher 2000. I do have my old hard drive with Win98 and Publisher 200 on it. I was wondering if I could fit the old disk alongside my new disk, then run Publisher to get back the files from my backup CD, then maybe I could save them as something else until I can afford MS Publisher 2003.

VoG II 20:26 10 Nov 03

Sorry, that won't work.

lotvic 01:17 11 Nov 03

If you originally had the cd Publisher then get the details of version and Key from your old hard drive (you would have to open the case and swap the hd's over to gain access to your old system) then contact microsoft and tell them you have lost the cd and they will send a replacement. so I am told. it's got to be worth a try?
hope it helps

lotvic

kidder-mister 12:39 12 Nov 03

Thanks guys for your help. I have found someone with publisher on their system locally who is able to assist. Thanks again for coming to aid.
kidder-mister

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…