ms publisher help reqd

widdy 11:15 25 Jul 03

I created a website with the help of ms publisher 2000 and transfered all files to my own webspace and all works ok.
Unfortunately due to my pc crashing i lost all my publisher files.
I have pulled back the files from my webspace but can not edit them as they are not in publisher format.
since publisher creates website from its own files is it possible to do the reverse action ???

Cheers

Pusherman 15:13 25 Jul 03

Unfortunately you can't. If you try to open .html files in publisher you just get the html source code. You could, however, open them in Frontpage (if you have it that is).

Sounds like you learned the lesson the hard way :o)

When you send your files to your webspace why not send .pub files as well. This will act as backup and ensure that what is there is the latest 'live' version (providing you have enough space).

We live and learn!
Pusherman.

widdy 11:48 26 Jul 03

Thanks for the help.
I will give it a bash
That tip about sending all files ie a great idea
Cheers

dave h 12:11 26 Jul 03

A very long winded route might be to open the website and copy all the files manually. Cut the text and paste it to MS word, Right click on each picture and select 'save picture as'

As I said, it's long winded but if the files are unreplaceable it might help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…