MS Publisher 2003 - upload problems

ianlumley 08:13 12 Dec 05

I've been redirected here to get help! I have been using Pub 97 to upload my choir website for some time (successfully). Having installed b'band on my new laptop, and got Pub 2003, I cannot upload at all - even using the 'old Pub 97 which is still on my old desktop. I get error message about proxy servers. I'm a silver surfer who cannot afford to buy dreamweaver and felt that I could handle the simpler (for me!) Pub method. My host (Telivo) can only do techno-spk. Can anyone give me some pointers which do not involve buying some other package?
Any help appreciated.

Forum Editor 19:18 12 Dec 05

that you can't upload from "my new laptop" or from "my old desktop", which prompts me to ask how you are able to try both machines on your broadband connection - are they networked in some way, or are you connecting each one in turn via an ADSL modem?

I'm asking, because if the machines are sharing the connection in some way - via a router perhaps - we could have a clue to the cause of your problem.

ianlumley 07:44 13 Dec 05

Hi. My laptop came with a wireless conection (Sony Viao) and I have installed a USB adapter on my 'old' desktop both connecting to a Netgear wireless router modem. I've suggested to the hosting company that the problem might lie with firewalls in the router, but I don't really know what I'm talking about! But they havent' responded to that idea - probably because it's naff! I've tried to disable all and any anti virus (Norton came with the laptop) as well as any apparent encryption with the netgear, while I tried to upload, all to no avail. I'm at the extreme end of my (limited) technical abilities, hence the hope that someone on the forum might be able to help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…