MS Project Professional 2007- Trial version

K*B 12:30 07 Dec 10

Hello friends, I desparately need an MS Project Professional 2007 trial version, not 2010 yet. It appears impossible to get on the internet, even though 2010 is readily available. Can anyone help me get the trial software (MS Project Prof. 2007) with a .mpp extension? What I find on the internet is one with a .img extension. Please help. Thanks.

bremner 13:22 07 Dec 10

What difference does it make what the download files extension is?.

.mpp is the extension of a Project file not the application itself

I am Spartacus 13:28 07 Dec 10

An 'img' file is a CD image which needs to be expanded to CD. MS instructions for it are:

To install this download:

1. Register to receive your product key: click here (you will receive a link to the product key within an email after registration).

2. Download the CD image file by clicking the Download button (above) and save the file to your hard drive.

3. Expand the ProjectProfessional.IMG file to a blank CD using the software of your choice. If you do not already have software to do this, we suggest you look at Windows Marketplace and choose from the list displayed.

4. Install Project Professional 2007 from the CD you just burned, and enter your product key when prompted.

5. Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation.

6. After successfully creating a CD, you can delete the file from your hard drive.

7. Review evaluation guidance: click here

8. Use Project Professional for a 60-day evaluation period.

9. Purchase a retail copy and convert your trial by entering the new product key when the application loads.

K*B 15:14 07 Dec 10

Thanks guys, but what does it mean to expand a CD image to CD?

I am Spartacus 19:57 07 Dec 10

Use something like Nero, Roxio or CDBurnerXP click here to create a disk image to CD. If it doesn't recognise the 'img' file extension then change it to 'iso' which might work as they're supposed to be the same thing.

K*B 20:09 07 Dec 10

I am Spartacus, when I attempted to first register using the given link, a page with the following link came up:

"The Project Professional 2007 evaluation software is no longer available. Learn more about the enhancements and new features in Project Professional 2010"

Any suggestions?

bremner 20:34 07 Dec 10

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced