MS Power Point problem

Boy Zone 20:45 13 Sep 05

Hi,
I'm tryng to create a PP presentation, with backgroud sound.
Having reviewed the help topics.
I can create background sound for a single slide, but not one to run for the entire side show. I understand the sound file must be a .wav file, but how do I embed a sound file into my entire slide show, and to "hide" the sound icon that appears on the first slide.
PS. the side runs for 35 secs so I selected a sound wav for 35 secs, but I can't get this to run.
Any advise would help

Boy Zone 20:22 15 Sep 05

sorry to push this one again but, I would welcome your help

scotty 20:47 15 Sep 05

Add the sound to the first slide. Right click the object and select custom animation. Select multimedia settings tab. Select "While playing, continue slide show" and "Stop playing after ? slides"

Do not know how to make object hidden but you can drag it to a corner and decrease its size.

scotty 20:50 15 Sep 05

You can hide it by drawing a box over it. Format the box to the same colour as the background to make it invisible.

Alternatively, if you have a picture on the first slide, put the sound icon at the same position as the picture and send it to the back.

lindyloo4 21:15 15 Sep 05

Only know a tiny bit about Powerpoint. I presume you have set up all the animation and inserted the music. I've done it with a mp3 file.
Go to Slide show / custom animation / multimedia settings. Then tick continue slide show and select the number of slides you require it to play through.

Sorry no idea how to remove the speaker from slide 1.

Hope this helps a bit.

lindyloo4 21:17 15 Sep 05

Looks like Scotty replied while I was trying to work out how to do it.

BRYNIT 22:07 15 Sep 05

Right click on sound icon custom animation.

Right click on sound and go down to timing/effects start playing/stop playing

to hid sound icon right click on icon edit sound object and tick hide sound icon.

Boy Zone 16:46 16 Sep 05

THanks for your help, Now my slide show has been completed .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…