MS Pop up "Windows XP not genuine ??

MIKE0007 01:12 28 Sep 09

Hi, I bought my XP Pro & SP3 Direct from Microsoft some time ago.
Yesterday I started to get their message saying "This version of Windows XP is not genuine".
It dosn't say ",,,, MAY not be genuine,,,,".

Any idea why this should start now ?
How do I stop it ?

cheers

Taff™ 07:32 28 Sep 09

This is what you should get click here if it`s not genuine but in your case you`re saying you bought from Microsoft. Here`s exactly what it should say graphically- is this the same as your messages. If so can you tell us when and exactly which version you bought. (OEM or full retail version)

Taff™ 07:32 28 Sep 09

Sorry issed the graphical link click here

zarobian 07:47 28 Sep 09

Contact Microsoft and explain the problem.Click here:click here

MIKE0007 08:52 28 Sep 09

I can't recall how to bring up the details of Windows - usually in the HELP > ABOUT menu in other programs etc.

From my records, I can see that I bought v5.1 (build 2600) in July 2006. This came with SP2.
I struggled trying to load SP3 & eventually contacted them. They sent me a copy on disc.

It's been running o.k till Sat 26th (why does 26th feature so much in computer problems / viruses ??)

I spent most of yesterday trawling through MS 'Help' site,,, but couldn't find the place to put my question,,,, well,,,, not for FREE anyway.

Do they still offer Help with XP ?

It hasn't happened yet today,,,, but i'm expecting it to.

thanks for reading,,,,,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…