ms pinball game running slow. Any ideas why?

STEVE71163 12:45 25 Jan 03

My daughter plays pinball on windows xp and suddenly the flippers on the game have started to go on a go slow. Any ideas anyone?

jazzypop 12:55 25 Jan 03

For info - previous thread on this issue at click here

STEVE71163 12:59 25 Jan 03

Thanks jazzypop but that was my thread but it was suggested that i start another thread so as to discribe the problem better as temperature had nothing to do with it.

jazzypop 13:02 25 Jan 03

Yes, I know - I was trying to avoid people suggesting that your PC was overheating, by pointing them to what has already been tried / suggested :)

SDJ 13:10 25 Jan 03

I dont know much about your firewall, but you could try disabling the autoprotect on Norton Anitvirus, however MAKE SURE YOU ARE NOT CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET AND RESTORE THIS WHEN YOU RECONNECT.

You should really have this enabled but its worth a try to see what happens.

STEVE71163 13:16 25 Jan 03

Thanks SDJ i will give that a go. I also just thought about something,I have the bbc weather station screensaver on the pc and that is obviously updating all the time. I will try that as well.

STEVE71163 13:31 25 Jan 03

No none of that seems to have worked ???

SDJ 13:34 25 Jan 03

Open Pinball, hit control, alt and delete to open task manager, see what the cpu usage is.
If its high look in the processes and look to see what is using your resources.

STEVE71163 13:57 25 Jan 03

I had a look at task manager and the cpu usage goes up to 100% when i use pinball. Their is a entry in proceses called sychoct.exe which is taking up 24000K. Is that a lot and do you think that is my sygate firewall?

STEVE71163 14:03 25 Jan 03

Also their is another larger one called waol.exe which is 15,544k?

SDJ 14:09 25 Jan 03

I dont use Sygate and whilst I know it is a good firewall, different configurations work better with different firewalls.

Can I suggest you download the free 90 day trial of Zonealarm and try that instead of sygate, just remeber always be protected so ensure that you disconnect from the net and uninstall and install the new one first.

click here it says 30 days but it seems to give you 90 days, either way its long enough to find out if its right for you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…