MS Partner Pack for Windows

Jackcoms 20:55 26 Oct 04

click here

Do I need this? Anybody downloaded it yet?

If so, comments please.

Jackcoms 08:31 27 Oct 04

Bump

Jackcoms 16:26 27 Oct 04

Bump (again).

I take it from the lack of response that I'm not the only one who's unsure about this? :-)

ventanas 16:50 27 Oct 04

Like you, a bit unsure. But have just decided to give it a go. Turns out to be harmless enough. But certainly not needed.

Jackcoms 17:02 27 Oct 04

ventenas

Just a few more 'toys' then, or is there something useful as well?

Is it necessary, also, to install the .net framework before installing the Partner Pack?

rawprawn 17:21 27 Oct 04

Yes you need to install .net framework, I don't know what ventenas thinks but if you pick and choose it's OK such as Time Zone but nothing to write home about

ventanas 08:24 28 Oct 04

I didn't find anything remotely useful except possibly the timezone thingy and the sticky notes. I already had the framework installed.

Also much is cutdown versions, and you are encouraged gently to buy full versions.

rawprawn 11:55 28 Oct 04

I thought that the Photosuite was a fairly good program, user friendly. But basically nothing earth shattering

ventanas 11:57 28 Oct 04

I didn't bother to download that, but will have a look. Thanks.

Jackcoms 12:04 28 Oct 04

ventanas/rawprawn

Anything more you want to say to each??

It's all useful stuff as far as I'm concerned.

The conclusion seems to be that it's not earth shattering and best to pick and choose IF I can be bothered to install it sometime, whenever...... ;-)

rawprawn 13:37 28 Oct 04

I think that's about it, just take your choice. It all depends on individual interests.If you download something you don't like you can always uninstall.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…