MS paint or Word

hiwatt 00:24 23 Oct 07

Hi folks,i am trying to capture a screencap on my xp machine and I've just noticed that if I go to start-programs-accesories,there is no option for paint or word?Does anyone know where they can be?I've tried the search option with no results.Thanks.

MCE2005 00:29 23 Oct 07

START Button, All Programs, Accessories.

There you will find 'Paint' & 'Wordpad'

DJ-Garry 00:32 23 Oct 07

These are programs inbeded into windows. if you go to control panel, ad/remove programs, windows components button down left side, the option to show them should be in there. Some program you installed probably deleted them so they wouldnt comflict

Gandalph 00:42 23 Oct 07

You may have to reinstall it from the XP disc. Follow SupaGaz s' instructions but have your XP disc in the drive. Selecy Paint then reinstall it.

hiwatt 02:08 23 Oct 07

Thanks folks.I followed SupaGaz's instructions and it gave me the option to install some accessories and paint was one of them but I had to have the xp disc which I have no longer got.Is there any other way I can reinstall MS paint?Thanks.

hiwatt 16:50 30 Oct 07

Hi folks,is there anyway I can reinstall MS paint without the windows xp disc?I went to add/remove programs then windows components then checked the accessories and utilities box then clicked next.It said I had successfully completed but MS paint or word still dont show in start/programs/accessories?Any help would be much appreciated,thanks.

VoG II 16:54 30 Oct 07

Start, Run, type

mspaint.exe

and click OK. Does that start it?

hiwatt 17:30 30 Oct 07

I'll try that later when I'm at my own computer.Thanks.

brundle 17:38 30 Oct 07

Wordpad is included with Windows, not `Word`. Just thought I'd make the distinction.

hiwatt 10:13 31 Oct 07

Yes typing mspaint.exe starts it.Excellent thanks very much.Is there a was I can regain access to MS paint or wordpad via start/programs/accessories again?Thanks.

johnnyrocker 10:23 31 Oct 07

create shortcut or drag to start folder?

johnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…