MS Paint

paulhicko 14:12 04 Apr 04

Anybody know where I can lay my hands on Microsoft Paint? It was useful for everything from the kids painting their own backgrounds to me drawing a house extension. It disappeared off the PC last week when I was having some system problems. I don't know if it's possible to send the file on an email - the kids are lost without it.

PS: I'm on Windows XP

VoG II 14:14 04 Apr 04

Start, Control Panel, Add&Remove programs, Add/Remove Windows components.

Belatucadrus 15:14 04 Apr 04

Or if you want something rather more versatile have a look at Pixia click here

Eric10 16:46 04 Apr 04

Are you sure the program has gone and not just the shortcut. Go to Start, Run, and type MSPAINT. If it runs then it's obviously still there so you could create a new shortcut for it. If it doesn't run then it really has gone so follow VoG's advice to reinstall it. The link from Belatucadrus also looks interesting for a free program.

paulhicko 19:33 04 Apr 04

Cheers guys, I'll try all three

AbodeMilano 09:11 05 Apr 04

failing that, it should be in your windows system folder.

paulhicko 09:57 05 Apr 04

Search for MSPAINT found its hiding place. I've pinned it to kids' start menus. Thanks for everyone's help.

birddog 15:54 17 Aug 05

ms paint works on all desktops/accounts in win xp BUT one, anyone else had this problem?
regards,
birddog

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…