MS Outlook playing up

t-stag 15:29 30 Jul 04

I have 6 email accounts set up. When send/receive all 6 complete ok, but a 7th is "! Sending and Receiving - Errors".

The error message is " Task 'Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x8007000E) : 'Out of memory or system resources. Close some windows or programs and try again.' "

AMD 64 with 1Gb RAM so unlikely!

Also when composing a new message, the accounts list is unavailable and a MS Word popup box comes up as an error.

Weird, but I'm sure that someone will know the answer.

Thanks

rawprawn 19:05 30 Jul 04

click here see if this helps. Although I don't quite understand how you have 6 emailaccounts but you are dialling up 7.

VoG II 19:11 30 Jul 04

Is this connection using Exchange? Which version of Outlook is it? Dooes it tell you more if you click on Details when the phantom account is sending/receiving?

t-stag 19:17 30 Jul 04

Thanks rawprawn, but no registry entry for SharedMemMaxSize. I have 6 accounts like btinternet, etc, etc. Where 7th entry on send/receive list comes from I have no idea.

t-stag 19:20 30 Jul 04

Thanks VoG. It's MS Outlook 2002. The details are "
Task 'Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x8007000E) : 'Out of memory or system resources. Close some windows or programs and try again.'"
The connection is not using Exchange.

rawprawn 10:40 31 Jul 04

Have you tried running Spybot, Ad aware etc if you don't know where the 7th entry is coming from?

t-stag 11:08 31 Jul 04

Thanks rawprawn, have run virus, adware and spyware but not this.

rawprawn 11:46 31 Jul 04

Sorry I'm running out of ideas, the only other suggestion would be to run Detect & Repair in the help menu.

VoG II 11:54 31 Jul 04

click here is the official (but unlikely) explanation. I agree with the Detect and Repair option.

t-stag 13:55 31 Jul 04

Thanks again guys. D&R already done! So will resort to reformat and reinstall. This usually sorts everything out and I learn a bit more in the process.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017