MS Outlook not delivering some messages.

Keir 10:48 30 Apr 08

I have MS Outlook v3 and btinternet. Some of the emails I send from Outlook do not arrive but if I send directly from Btinternet they are ok. There are specific recipients for whom it does not work. I’ve just found the fourth one who asked why I had not replied when I had some time previously.
I receive emails from these people OK but neither replies or originals get through. There are no problem delivery messages.
Why are these different?

johnnyrocker 10:52 30 Apr 08

a conflic between their isp and yours?

johnny

Keir 10:57 30 Apr 08

They're standard ISPs - Sky and Virgin are 2 of them.

johnnyrocker 10:59 30 Apr 08

and the others?

johnny

anskyber 11:00 30 Apr 08

Do you have an unusual email address?

I have a .eu address which for a while was not recognised by BT (ie the emails never arrived)

Terry Brown 11:00 30 Apr 08

Do you have a spam checker on your system, as this may detect the sender as a 'rogue')( They have been transmitting Viruses and/or spam, and have been blocked). If you trust them enough you can add them to your 'trusted' list toi accept all emails.
Terry

Keir 11:12 30 Apr 08
  Keir 11:22 30 Apr 08

Terry
The problem is with emails I am sending. I receive OK.
The spam checker is built into btinternet and blocks incoming emails.
Keir

mtarfa 16:43 30 Apr 08

I'm having similar problems . I'm using btinternet as an ISP. Quite a few emails sent to me are not arriving. I don't use outlook express but do use the web based mail provided by btinternet. It seems as though emails from some aol users are not getting through. They don't appear in the spam or trash boxes. Its beginning to become a problem. Any ideas anybody?

Woolwell 17:23 30 Apr 08

Silly question - but are they in your sent items box as being shown as sent.

Keir 17:33 30 Apr 08

Hello Woolwell
Yes they are in the sent items box. Everything appears perfectly normal when sent - they just don't arrive.
It's not a silly question but I bet the resolution will be!
Keir

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…