MS Outlook not activated

Tony Jones 11:46 AM 03 Jan 12

I originally installed a trial version of Office 2010 from a PCA DVD and subsequently uprgraded to (and paid for) the full version. All segements work fine except Outlook, which insists that my trial period has expired and I need to upgrade. However, re-entering the product code has not effect.

Any ideas gratefully received.

Regards Tony Jones

Woolwell 11:50 AM 03 Jan 12

Which version of Office 2010 did you pay for? Not all versions include Outlook.

QuizMan 11:52 AM 03 Jan 12

It depends which version you purchased. The Home & Student version does not come with Outlook

Tony Jones 17:07 PM 03 Jan 12

Thanks for the info. That's the problem. I was originally running the previous version of Office but then installed the Office Professional 2010 Beta from the DVD that came with March 2010 issue. But for reasons I can't remember, I subsequently downloaded and paid for the Home and Student version. Perhaps it was a bit cheaper?

Rather than buying Outlook on its own, would anyone care to recommend a non-MS contacts handler. That's the only bit of Outlook I'm interested in; I'm not worried about total integration with my email client as I use Thunderbird for that.

Many thanks Tony Jones

QuizMan 20:56 PM 03 Jan 12

Just a thought - if you have the previous office version, did that include Outlook? If so could you just do a custom install of Outlook only? There's not reason why it should not work. For example, I have Office 2007 H&S version and Outlook 2003 standalone running side by side without a problem.

Tony Jones 23:28 PM 03 Jan 12

That's a great thought Quizman. I'm sure it would work, but I've since found an nice free address book programme called Efficient Address book which seems to do everything I need. It even imported my old Outlook contacts without any problem!

Best wishes Tony Jones

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Vaio Z Canvas release date, price and specs: Another Surface Pro rival but for the US

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Adobe unveils Sketch-rival Project Comet for UX design

How to fix iOS 9 problem iPhone stuck screen, unresponsive, no swipe, frozen, can't turn off