MS Outlook dial up problem

Rujo 20:33 10 Jan 05

Hello All, I use a laptop running XP, with MS Office 2003. I use Outlook 2003 to dial into a ms exchange server for company email. I access the internet via either high speed wireless at home or on the road. My problem is Outlook is constantly trying to dial into the ms exchange server via my dial up connection. I only want it to dial in when I click on the send/receive button. It tries to dial in with or without outlook being open. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

thanks much

rujo

JaßîsFaß ˜ 21:48 10 Jan 05

In Outlook go to Tools > Options > Mail Setup (tab) > Send/Receive (button).

Check options at bottom i.e. untick scheduled send/receives, and those when offline.

Hairy Yeti 21:52 10 Jan 05

I don't think Outlook can try to initiate a conection if it's not running. I have seen a similar problem before though.

Check Outlook is set to "never dial a conection". This is a global connection setting.

Check that the dial-up connection settings do not include sharing an internet connection.

Luck

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…