MS Outlook Calender

osben 11:53 31 Jul 04

I used to have the calender part of Outlook load up when I turned my computer on so that I could see the days activity and then come out of it. I can't remember how I did it. Has anyone got any ideas???

Using Outlook 2002 as part of Office XP Pro and Windows XP.

rawprawn 12:15 31 Jul 04

I don't know how to make it appear on bootup if that's what you mean, but if you want Outlook to open showing Calendar. Tools/Options/Other tab/Advanced options/Change Startup in this folder to Calendar in the box.

osben 17:46 31 Jul 04

Thanks for your input and yes I did mean bootup.

I do know how to set outlook up to open showing calender, thanks. That's not my problem. As I said, I used to have it so that it did load automatically after the bootup sequence.

If anyone else can help I would appreciate it.

GroupFC 23:17 31 Jul 04

I know exactly what you mean - my calendar is set up to do exactly this! The only problem is I can't remember what I did to do it. The following has been taken directly from help pages of XP and I think will do the trick basically you need to put a shortcut to outlook.exe in your start up folder and set up outlook to open at your calendar as rawprawn says.

"To start a program each time you start Windows
Right-click the Start button, and then click Properties.
On the Start Menu tab, click Classic Start menu, and then click Customize. This changes the style of the Start menu.
Click Advanced.
In the Start Menu folder, find the shortcut to the program you want to start each time you start Windows, and drag it to the Startup folder located in the Programs folder."

Good luck!

VoG II 23:28 31 Jul 04

Right click the Outlook icon on the desktop. Copy.

Right click Start button, Explore all users. Navigate to StartUp folder, Right click, paste shortcut.

GroupFC 23:38 31 Jul 04

I knew there was an easier way!

osben 10:55 01 Aug 04

I knew someone on this site would know the answer. Thanks GroupFC VoG™ and rawprawn

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…